My blog has become a neglected child as the new year blew in and with it a flurry of activity for KidzVuz.com. Trying to find balance between my various online and offline endeavors has not been easy – and I won’t even talk about work/life balance because I’ve already referred to my blog as one of my children. Never a good sign.
So, while I vow to myself not to forget the reason I did all this to begin with – to write – I figured I’d do a totally cheating thing to do and catch up with the Top 5 Awesome Moments and Events I Forgot to Write About In January:
1. KidzVuz.com was named one of Cool Mom Tech’s Top 15 Coolest Websites of 2011! We were pretty excited to be chosen alongside Pinterest and the Amazon Android Marketplace. Now we’ve got even more to live up to this year.
2. CES 2012! Gadgets and gizmos galore of course, like the fabulously curvy and light Sony S Tablet and the Live Streaming enabled new Sony BloggieLive . I was lucky enough to be given both to try out and will be reporting back in the month ahead. To get a better idea of all the great new techie products we saw at CES check out these TWO Blogging Angels Podcasts taped live at CES!
3. CES Press. Nancy Friedman and I had two great interviews while at CES for KidzVuz. One aired live and hasn’t been reposted yet so stay tuned. The other was on the Pulse Network with Butch Stearns and you can watch it here.
4. Also at CES I spoke on a panel about mom bloggers and brands during the Living in Digital Times Summit with Beth Blecherman of TechMamas and Cool Mom Tech and Stacy DeBroff of Mom Central. The panel was moderated by Lori Schwartz of McCann Worldwide and included a really interesting presentation about mom influencers across all spheres. I hope to publish the report when it becomes available next month. Basically, it showed how incredibly influential moms are to each other – whether on the playground or online, and how that translates into all sorts of magic (or tragedy) for brands. Good stuff.
5. Finally we’ve been planning our first event of the year, co-hosting the grand opening party for 50 mom bloggers and their families to celebrate the opening of the new J&R Jr. store in downtown Manhattan. I am so incredibly excited to be working with J&R since I basically grew up in the music store. Seriously. But that will be its own post coming soon.
And that’s what you missed last month on Beccarama.com.