I will admit, the Snow White ride at Walt Disney World scared me. (not as much as Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, but that’s another story) But, I was nostalgic and a bit sad when I heard they had torn it down to make way for a new roller coaster ride, based in the mine where the Seven Dwarfs went off to work every day. After all, the movie is called Snow White – and I was worried about a ride that was all about the thrill and not about the wonderful charm and artistry that makes Snow White, the film, special.
Well, I’m not worried anymore. I LOVED this ride (and so did my sister) – and rode it three times.
Here’s why you will love it too:
1. You won’t be grumpy while you wait because the queue is full of super fun, hands-on experiences while you wait. Like barrels full of gems that whirl, illuminated water that makes music, and other gem filled games.
2. Fast Pass! Now you can book up to 3 rides ahead of time on mydisneyexperience.com and the my Disney experience app – so don’t get sleepy and forget to book your fast passes ahead of time for this ride and you’ll zip right on through.
3. Don’t be bashful – there are wonderful, whimsical details everywhere you look on this ride. Take your time so you will notice all of the little magical things inside and out, like these carved woodland creatures…
and the vultures high above…
4. There is nothing dopey about it – big kids will love this ride, it’s got just enough oomph to be a fun coaster, and with the new technology that allows the mine cars to have some side to side swing to them it really feels like you’re whisking through the mine…
5. But, it’s not so intense that you will have to summon Doc to help you out. It’s comparable to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, without the big drops.
6. The animatronics are nothing to sneeze at. The Imagineers truly bring the dwarfs to life inside the mine ride (and spoiler alerts from here on out!) they even recreate one of the most iconic images from the film – the dwarfs’ shadows on the mine walls as they sing Heigh Ho! It was the part of the ride that gave me goosebumps. Like living inside the movie.
7. This ride will make you Happy!! The ending to this ride is truly perfect, joyful, and captures the essence of the movie. Snow White is there in the cottage, dancing to The Silly Song with the dwarfs – and the evil Queen in the form of the old crone – is waiting right outside the door, a basket of apples hanging from her arm.
Disclosure: I was invited to Walt Disney World for this press event and received airfare, lodging, park tickets and some meals. The opinions expressed in this post are my own, as always.